The protection of personal information is required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”). All employees and officers of CPB Contractors John Holland Joint Venture (“CPBJH JV”, or “we” or “us”) are expected to comply with the Act and CPBJH JV policies and procedures concerning the management of personal information.
This policy applies to all our web pages at or accessible from the Workforce Trader Directory Website (the “Website”). It explains our practices with regards to collection, holding and processing of any personal information (that is, information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable) that may be collected as a result of your use of the Website.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- your personal information will not be shared other than in accordance with this policy, with your permission or in accordance with the Act;
- we will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided or otherwise in accordance with this policy, with your permission or in accordance with the Act.
What information do we collect?
The Website may allow you to contact certain individuals within CPBJH JV and related companies by submitting information or sending them email, for the purpose of:
- subscribing or unsubscribing to newsletters and media releases;
- providing feedback about the Website;
- requesting general information;
- submitting your business information;
- making a general enquiry.
By submitting information and sending such e-mails, you will be providing us with certain personal information, which may include your name, email address, employment history, educational qualifications and any other details you include in your email. The information you provide may also include sensitive information, including information relating to mental health, disability, racial or ethnic origin, criminal convictions, religious affiliation, political affiliation, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union and tax file numbers. This information is collected by us solely for the purpose of considering your application or dealing with your request. We may not be able to consider your application or deal with your request without this information.
We do not collect any other information via the Website.
If practicable and except where otherwise required by law, we will provide facilities to enable you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis.
What do we use personal information for?
Unless you agree otherwise, any personal details that you provide to us as a result of accessing the Website and sending us e-mails will only be used for the purpose of dealing with your request or enquiry or otherwise in accordance with this policy, with your permission or in accordance with the Act. We do not use or disclose personal details that you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing or any similar purposes.
Disclosing Personal Information
As noted above, we may share personal information with related companies and with contractors performing services for CPBJH JV and as permitted by the Act. Such contractors may include, for example, information technology and telecommunications providers or professional advisers (including accountants, auditors and lawyers), credit reporting and fraud checking agencies, insurers, human resources consultants and credit providers. CPBJH JV will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, CPBJH JV’s policy is not to disclose any personal information to any third party except with consent or where permitted by the Act or by law to do so.
In line with our policy and email security, any e-mails that you send will be automatically scanned, which could result in certain attachments and styles of message being automatically blocked. Our IT administrators may have access to your e-mails in order to authorise the content. This is done purely for IT security purposes and our IT administrators will not access the content of your e-mails once this process is complete.
Security of Information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, CPBJH JV uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected is held securely. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Such personnel have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information and are required to comply with this policy.
Accessing and Upgrading Personal Information
If you would like to access or wish to correct any information we hold about you, please contact CPBJH JV’s Project Counsel, Wayne Harrison, by email at Wayne.Harrison@wgtp.com.au.
CPBJH JV may disclose personal information to an overseas recipient, including your name, email address, employment history, educational qualifications and any other details you include in your email that are considered reasonably necessary for the purpose of considering your application or dealing with your request. CPBJH JV will generally take reasonable steps to have any overseas recipient comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. CPBJH JV may not take such steps and will not be responsible for the subsequent handling of the personal information which CPBJH JV has disclosed to an overseas recipient if you have agreed that it may disclose the information overseas without taking such steps, if the recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles which can be enforced by you, if the disclosure is required or authorised by law, or if a permitted general situation exists under Australian Privacy Principle 8.
CPBJH JV may disclose your personal information to its joint venture parent companies and alliance partners and other companies within the John Holland and CIMIC Groups.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing to our newsletter, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Workforce Trader Directory Subscription Competition, March – April 2019
Terms and Conditions of Entry
How to Enter
- Information on how to enter the Workforce Trader Directory Subscription Competition (Subscription Competition) forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in this Subscription Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
- The Promoter will conduct one Competition, with a single prize, as follows:
a) One complimentary night in a Two Bedroom Executive Apartment at Quest NewQuay for a maximum of 4 adults in existing bedding. The prize is valid until 31/12/2019, subject to availability and excludes peak periods. The prize is non-transferable and Quest NewQuay booking cancellation policy and conditions apply.
b) Any extra charges will be charged to the guest upon check-out.
c) Any damage caused to the property of Quest NewQuay will be charged and payable by the guest upon check out. Any other terms and conditions of Quest NewQuay will apply to the accommodation.
- The Competition commences at 12.01am AEST on Friday 29 March 2019 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 30th April (Promotional Period).
- The Promoter of the Competition is the CPB Contractors John Holland Joint Venture (“CPBJH JV”) (ABN: 79 385 373 351) (Promoter) of 5 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne, VIC, 3004.
- The Competition is open to residents of Victoria, over the age of 18.
- Officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter, and the associated companies, agencies and contractors of the Promoter are eligible to enter the Competition.
- A limit of one entry per person applies.
- By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required by the Promoter to participate in photo or video recordings including as part of the launch awarded as prizes and the public announcement of the winner, as set out in these terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee for the Competition.
- Entries can be submitted to the Promoter online at wgtp.com.au during the Promotional Period by subscribing to the Workforce Trader Directory newsletter.
11. This Competition is a game of chance.
12. To enter the Competitions, entrants must submit a valid entry to the Promoter during the Promotion Period
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, state of residence, school or age). The Promoter may disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not a Valid Entry or is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or who tampers with the entry process.
- The winner will be determined by a random/chance draw from all Workforce Trader Directory newsletter subscriber email addresses at the end of the Promotional Period.
- The winner determination by the Promoter is final and unable to be appealed.
- The Promoter will contact the winner by email and deliver a prize voucher by email.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
- Personal information is collected, used and disclosed by the Promoter for purposes including administering the Competitions, complying with applicable laws (such as laws relating to running competitions) and announcing and contacting winners. The information may be disclosed to third parties who are assisting in administering the Competitions, supplying prizes and otherwise as set out in these terms and conditions or permitted by law. More detailed information about the Promoter’s general privacy practices is set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at wgtp.com.au.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition to the full extent permitted by law and subject to any approval or directions from a regulatory authority.
- Notwithstanding item , the Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition at its absolute discretion without consideration or notification to any entrants.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any right which an entrant may have under law (including the Australian Consumer Law), and any consumer guarantee relating to goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (Your Consumer Rights). Subject to Your Consumer Rights, the promoter is not liable for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law or that would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- This promotion is governed by the law of Victoria, Australia.
Complaints and Further Information
If you require further information about how the CPBJH JV handles personal information or any privacy issues, please contact our CPBJH JV’s Project Counsel, Wayne Harrison on +61 3 5143 4973 or by email at Wayne.Harrison@wgtp.com.au.
If you have a problem or wish to lodge a complaint in relation to an alleged breach of the Act, please contact us by calling our CPBJH JV’s Project Counsel, Wayne Harrison on +61 3 5143 4973 or by email at Wayne.Harrison@wgtp.com.au. or by writing to us at the following address:
Level 12, 5 Bowen Crescent
Melbourne VICTORIA 3000
The Project Counsel is responsible for co-ordinating the investigation of any complaints and resolving the matter with a complainant. The Project Counsel will manage any complaints received in a timely manner (usually within 30 days), and provide you with a response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our Contact Details
Level 12, 5 Bowen Crescent
Melbourne VICTORIA 3000
+61 3 5143 4973
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this policy. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the policy on the Website. You should periodically refer to the document.